The key project objective was to ensure a continuous process of operation of the Integrated Information System (IIS) business applications and the basic IT services according to the Company's business processes to increase manageability, performance and operation decision-making.
ITPS Mid East consultants and IT specialists provided the following services:
Within the framework of the support and maintenance of the Integrated Information System of the Company:
- Ensuring business applications operability;
- Administration, support and maintenance of business applications.
Within the framework of basic IT services support:
- Support of IT infrastructure and basic IT services;
- Support of a corporate communication system;
- Automated user workstations support;
- IT user requests processing.
Within the framework of IT services management, organization and administration:
- Creation and implementation of IT components of business applications, IT infrastructure and basic IT services, supporting the Company's business processes.
Within the framework of the installation of an IT infrastructure in a new company office.
From the beginning of the contract ITPS Mid East specialists were involved in works related to the design and deployment of a service IT infrastructure in the new company office for 250 employees to be able to move from the Reef Tower office. In terms of IT infrastructure the new DPG office outfitting works were carried out in tight deadlines and consisted of several large phases:
- Deployment of users' workstations and moving.
Phase 1. Engineering.
Within the framework of the Engineering phase the following was performed with the participation of ITPS Mid East specialists :
- engineering of the IT infrastructure architecture and IT infrastructure services, such as:
- file service;
- printing service;
- email service;
- seamless Wi-Fi network.
- engineering of the stationary telecommunication system based on Alcatel Lucent Enterprise ATS (hereinafter "telecommunications systems").
Phase 2. Deployment.
The Design Phase scope that implied the participation of ITPS Mid East specialists included the following:
- the deployment of an IT-infrastructure and IT-infrastructure services, which included:
- the installation of new equipment in the server rooms of the new office;
- the installation and configuration of new software and IT-infrastructure services;
- testing of new system software and IT-infrastructure services;
- deployment of the stationary telecommunication system;
- deployment of a seamless Wi-Fi network.
Phase 3. Migration.
The scope of the Migration phase implying the participation of ITPS Mid East specialists included:
- transfer of equipment to the server rooms of the new DPG office;
- migration of IT-infrastructure services and data from servers in the Reef Tower office to new hardware and software platforms in the new DPG office.
Phase 4. Integration.
The scope of the Integration Phase implying the participation of ITPS Mid East specialists the following was performed:
- integration of the IT infrastructure and IT infrastructure services of the new DPG office with the IT infrastructure and IT infrastructure services of the LUKOIL Overseas Holding and Reef Tower;
- integration of the fixed telecommunications system with the corporate fixed communication system of LUKOIL Overseas Holding.
Phase 5. Deployment of users' workstations and moving.
The scope of the User Workstations Deployment phase and the transfer of ITPS Mid East specialists during a weekend included:
- the deinstallation of 250 user AWS in the Reef Tower office;
- the installation of 250 user AWS in the DPG office and their preparation for use.
As a result of the works related to the new DPG office arrangement and the moving of users with the participation of ITPS Mid East specialists without suspending the Company's business processes:
- Organized a fully functional Help Desk service for requests acceptance and processing;
- Prepared systemic infrastructure in the DPG office and carried out integration with the LUKOIL Overseas Holding corporate infrastructure;
- Deployed a stationary telecommunications system based on the Alcatel Lucent Enterprise ATS and performed its integration in the corporate communication system of LUKOIL Overseas Holding;
- Deployed a seamless Wi-Fi network in the DPG office;
- Deployed a server architecture on blade servers in the DPG office;
- Performed the migration of IT infrastructure systems and data from the Reef Tower office servers to the DPG office servers.
- Performed a one-step transfer of 250 users from the Reef Tower office to the DPG one.
Download information about the project
“During the entire duration of the project, when it came to providing IT services, the highly qualified team of ITPS Mid East experts demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the Company's business processes and IT, as well as a high level of professionalism, mobility and efficiency.
LUKOIL Mid-East Ltd. are grateful to ITPS Mid East company as a highly professional supplier of integrated IT services, for its highly professional and thorough execution of the tasks assigned.”
Head of IT and Communications, S. Kotov.